Make your trip a 'Bizcation'
Salt Lake City, UT is an obvious choice for the host location this year as this booming market has soared into the Top-10 solar state ranks with 1,627 MW installed.
With the stunning scenery and world-class service, Salt Lake City isn't merely just a backdrop to your business trip this September. Salt Lake City has become an exciting foodie destination with a diverse and lively nightlife scene. And with Salt Lake's museums, festivals, incredible shopping, and awesome live-music venues, you won't even dream of hanging out in your hotel room during your downtime.
North America Smart Energy Week is headed to Salt Lake City, UT and the booming solar market is an obvious choice. In 2016, Utah soared into the Top-10 Solar State ranks.
- Utah's solar industry continues to be in the forefront of growth, with a growth projection of 1,079 MW over the next 5 years (ranks 15th).
- The state ranks 9th in the nation, with 1,650.74 MW installed, which powers 319,641 homes.
- There are 6,045 solar jobs and 142 (21 Manufacturers, 69 Installers/Developers, 52 Others) companies in Utah, including IKEA, which installed the state's largest commercial solar system.
- There is a total solar investment of $2.63 billion on solar installations in Utah.
From the Airport
- TRAX light rail is the most affordable and convenient way to get downtown from the airport--a 20-minute ride takes you into the heart of Salt Lake. At just $2.50 each way, the 'Green Line' is quick, simple, and a great way to save some money. Just head to the south end of Terminal 1, purchase your pass, and board the train--which departs every 15 minutes.
- A number of share-ride services operate from the airport, like SuperShuttle or Express Shuttle, with prices approximately $15 one-way. You can also arrange pick-up and transportation from the airport to your final designation via Uber or Lyft, both of which freely operate throughout the Salt Lake valley and beyond. The airport surcharge is minimal, up to just $1.89.
- There's also the the taxi option; however, due to the deregulation of ground transportation fares, it is strongly recommended you discuss and agree upon the rate before the taxi departs the curb. It should cost no more that $25 to the downtown area.
Don't forget to check with your hotel, as many hotels offer complimentary airport shuttle service.
- Commuter trains, called FrontRunner, provide transportation access from Ogden to Provo, with limited stops along the way. Weekday service starts as early as 4:30 am, with the last stop just after midnight. Saturday service begins at 6 am with the last stop just after 2 am. There is no Sunday service.
- Light-rail lines, called TRAX, provide access to Downtown from across the valley on three color-coded lines. Downtown Salt Lake provides a great transfer point as all the lines run through downtown. Visit this site to learn more about the free ride zone in downtown Salt Lake
- Buses provide connecting service at many of the TRAX and FrontRunner stations to get you almost anywhere in the Greater Salt Lake Area. Bus routes can be found across the Salt Lake Valley, Ogden, Utah County and up to Brigham City. There is also a connecting bus route to Park City (which has its own transit system).
Check back regularly for more discounts. We're excited to offer you more attendee perks as we get closer to the event.
SkyTeam is our Official Alliance Network for travel
We’re proud to announce that we’ve chosen SkyTeam as our Official Alliance Network for air travel. We would like to offer you seamless air travel via SkyTeam Global Meetings to our event.
Show Your Badge City Discounts
Exclusive Discounts at Salt Lake Shops, Restaurants & Bars for Convention Attendees all from your mobile device.
Salt Lake loves hosting conventions, and with Visit Salt Lake’s “Show Your Badge Mobile Pass” it’s never been easier to tap into savings and discounts offered exclusively to convention attendees. You’ll no longer need to wear that bulky convention badge around town to access discounts offered from unique local shops, top-rated restaurants and legendary bars; now you can get your mobile pass of discount offers sent directly to your phone via text and e-mail – no apps to download. Details about the venues, their location and hours of operation will make it easy for you to enjoy and save at some of Salt Lake’s top establishments. Redeem your deals and discounts by simply presenting the digital coupon to your server or salesperson.