SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week 2021 Meeting Room Request Form
Organizations that would like to hold meetings/group functions in conjunction with SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week 2021 must first obtain approval from Show Management. All companies must register and have housing through our housing block for the SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week 2021 conference, your request for meeting space will be pending until your registration and housing reservation is confirmed. Priority will be given to Exhibitors and Sponsors.
Meeting space request applications will be accepted for review during the dates as outlined below:
- February 1, 2021 – May 31, 2021 SPI/ESI/NASEW Sponsors/Exhibitors only
- June 1, 2021 ‐ September 19, 2021 – Open
It is the responsibility of the organizer hosting meetings to make sure that those meetings comply with the guidelines regulated by Show Management. Such meetings must be approved in advance by Show Management, and are subject to the following Terms and Conditions of use:
1. Companies may not contract meeting space directly with Official SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week 2021 Hotels. Only Companies that have registered for the event and have room reservations booked within the official SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week housing block will be eligible to request meeting space.
Any groups found contracting directly without prior permission from SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week risk a loss of Exhibitor priority points or the ability to attend and participate in future meetings. Limited meeting space is available at SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week hotel properties for officially contracted SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week sponsors and exhibitors use. Meeting space is available at the New Orleans Ernest N. Memorial Convention Center.
- 2. Black-Out Times - Non-exhibiting/sponsoring organizations may not hold functions during the defined black-out times. SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week will enforce the black-out times.
- Monday, September 20, 2021 - 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
3. SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week 2021 provides education content from Monday, September 20th through Thursday, September 23rd, 2021. Organizations are not permitted to conduct or sponsor educational activities, presentations or meetings during this time.
4. Once meeting/function space is approved, an email confirmation will be sent to requestor along with hotel convention service manager contact information. It is the responsibility of the requestor to identify and secure available meeting/function space and to make any and all meeting/function space arrangements. Meeting space reserved in the convention center must coordinate meeting/function space arrangements with the Solar Power Events Staff.
5. Affiliate social events may NOT include any educational presentations to meeting participants.
6. Any and all costs for services levied by the assigned hotel (meeting space rental, catering, audio visual, etc.) or other contracted vendors associated with the affiliate organization and/or its agents meeting/function are the sole responsibility of the submitter. SPI, ESI, North America Smart Energy Week, SETS, SEPA and SEIA are not responsible for payment of any services connected with the event.
7. Submitters who contact hotels on their own or otherwise attempt to circumvent SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week ancillary meeting space assignment process are subject to denial.
8. SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week reserve the right to accept, reject or condition acceptance, based on SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week's sole discretion, for any reason. All outstanding obligations to SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week, SEPA or SEIA by the submitter must be fulfilled prior to space acceptance and assignment.
9. Approved Ancillary Meeting Request form does not guarantee space within any hotel or the convention center. Meeting space is limited and based on availability. Additionally, any changes to the original approved request form must be re-submitted for review and approval.
9. The submitter shall protect, indemnify, hold harmless and defend SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week, SETS, SEPA, SEIA, its officers, directors, agents, members and employees against all such claims, liabilities, losses and damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, resulting from submitter’s negligence or willful misconduct.
SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week have the full authority to interpret or amend these rules at its sole discretion. All decisions will be final. All Companies agree to abide by any Terms and Conditions that may hereafter be adopted. All matters or questions not covered by the above rules and regulations are subject to the discretion of SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week. These Terms and Conditions may be amended at any time by SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week, and all amendments shall be equally binding on all parties. In the event of any amendment or addition to these guidelines, written notice will be given by SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week to such parties.