North America Smart Energy Week provides a plethora of content for Full Conference attendees (over 100 session options). The full schedule will be released in May, 2018.
Preliminary 2018 Full Conference Education
Below is an overview of topics we will offer at this year's event. The robust Full Conference education schedule, which contains over 100 sessions, will be released soon.
- A 101 Understanding of the Market for Storage and Solar+Storage Systems
- Insights on Both in Front of and Behind the Meter Storage Applications
- The Future of Net Metering and Energy Storage
- How to Diligence and Finance Solar + Storage Projects
- Re-Imagining Innovation in the Utilities of the Future
- Improving Grid Flexibility Through Advanced Siting and Operations of Solar and other DERs
- Solar’s Role in Resource Planning and Implementation
- Identifying Challenges and Opportunities in Grids with High Solar Penetration
- DERMS and Distribution Planning
- Key Elements of Microgrids
- An Understanding of How Federal and State Policy Issues Inform Market Opportunities and Challenges
- An Update and Discussion on Important Initiatives at FERC and NERC with respect to PURPA, Resiliency, Reliability, Inverter Standards, Frequency Response, and More
- The Implications of Federal Tax Reform and Solar and Steel Tariffs on Solar Business and Deployment
- Financing Operations & Maintenance in the Residential and C&I Markets
- Making Community Solar Project Financeable
- Trends in Residential Solar Finance
- Expert Insights on Cybersecurity and Ways to Better Safeguard our Networks and Installations from Threats
- Best Practices with Community Choice Aggregation
Types of Education Sessions
Delve into issues you face in your daily operations and discover best practices you can implement when you return to work.
Stop in for a quick 25-minute session that packs a powerful punch with content on timely topics from recognized industry experts
Explore the big picture and access big ideas from respected CEOs, industry visionaries, financial experts, and policy analysts. Open to all attendees.
Take the classroom to the expo floor and see live demonstrations from companies who are leading the charge in innovation.
Posters provide a unique look at industry research, innovations, analyses of practical problem-solving efforts, and recommended best practices. Open to all attendees.
The Technical Symposium
A unique opportunity for professionals from the academic, R&D, technical and scientiﬁc disciplines in photovoltaics, energy storage and ‘smart’ energy the opportunity to submit abstracts for peer review, presentation and discussion, and publication at the largest solar and storage community in North America.
Expo Floor Education
The exhibit hall education is available to all attendees. Below are the stages that will host education sessions.
Listen to current events, trends, innovations, research, and analysis from industry leaders SEPA and SEIA.
Smart Energy Stage
A place for installers to make SMART connections! Sessions will focus on innovative solar plus technologies, such as smart home/buildings, storage, and electric vehicles.
Hydrogen + Fuel Cells Stage
Gain additional insight with sessions focused on the synergy effects between the solar industry and energy storage industry.
Receive quality, comprehensive technical training and NABCEP credit from certified instructors. Previously PV Technical Training.
Sessions will focus on customer demands and new products manufacturing companies are making to combat installation challenges.
Pre- and Post-Conference Education
Workshops (Tickets sold separately)
Access in-depth, targeted training to build your skills and knowledge base. Most workshops also offer NABCEP credits.