SPI, ESI, and North America Smart Energy Week provides a variety of content for for the renewable energy industry, including solar, storage, smart energy, wind, hydrogen & fuel cells, geothermal, and EV infrastructure. The full schedule will be released in May 2020.
Preliminary Full Conference Education
Below is an overview of topics we will offer at this year's event. The robust Full Conference education schedule, which contains 400+ sessions, will be released soon.
- Solar and Storage as Transmission Assets
- Accessing the Full Value of Behind the Meter Storage
- The Microgrid Lightning Round!
- Battery Safe Than Sorry?
Finance and Asset Management
- Financing New Renewables in the Face of COVID-19
- When Mother Nature Strikes: Disaster Recovery Response for Utility-Scale Asset Owners and Operators
- Thinking Ahead of the Curve: Data Tracking for Performance Verification
- Making Community Solar Work for Financiers
- Overcoming Local Opposition to Siting Solar
- Modernizing Wholesale Markets for the Solar+ Decade
- Cybersecurity and the Solar+ Decade: Solar's Role in Protecting the Grid
- Is Commoditization Real or Perceived? The Next Frontier for Solar Manufacturing
Regulatory Innovation and Policy Drivers
- Planning for the Future of Planning: How Utilities are Evolving to Accommodate the 2050 Energy Market
- The Role of Carbon Policy in Advancing Renewable Energy
- Tax, Energy, and Climate Policy in 2020: Where Are We and Where Are We Headed
- Guidelines for Solar and Storage Interconnection
- Solar + Storage: Are Rules of Thumb Dumb?
- PJM vs. ERCOT: Which Organized Market Model Better Accommodates Clean Energy Resources? A Debate
- The US Electricity System and Its Discontents: Outlooks for a Cleaner Grid
Electric Vehicles & Wind
- Triple Win Strategies for EV Charging: the Customer, the Market, and the Grid
- If You Charge it They Will Come
- Electric Vehicle Market Opportunity Secrets Revealed
- Not on My Dime: Equity in Electric Transportation
- Wind Project Developers Storytellers Series
Types of Education Sessions
Explore the big picture and access big ideas from respected CEOs, industry visionaries, financial experts, and policy analysts. Open to all attendees.
Posters provide a unique look at industry research, innovations, analyses of practical problem-solving efforts, and recommended best practices.
Take the classroom to the expo floor and see live demonstrations from companies who are leading the charge in innovation.
Delve into issues you face in your daily operations and discover best practices you can implement when you return to work.
A quick talk is a “TEDTalk” style session featuring one speaker.
A rapid-fire session is an audience guided Q&A style session. The moderator will call for the audience to ask questions. One panel member will respond to the question within 60 seconds.
A fireside chat is an intimate discussion with a limited number of speakers. Participants in this session are asked to conduct the session as an interview; the moderator will interview the speaker on specific topics.
A well-told story is something that will stick in your audience’s mind for years to come. Industry experts discuss issues with use of storytelling, pictures, videos and interactive elements for the audience.
A spirited debate on popular industry topics is always entertaining and creates an unforgettable learning experience.
A panel discussion is a 60-minute session featuring one moderator and up to four speakers. Participants in this session are asked to conduct the session as a moderated discussion amongst panelists. Audience participation is integral.
The Technical Symposium
A unique opportunity for professionals from the academic, R&D, technical and scientiﬁc disciplines in photovoltaics, energy storage and ‘smart’ energy the opportunity to submit abstracts for peer review, presentation and discussion, and publication at the largest solar and storage community in North America.
Expo Floor Education
The exhibit hall education is available to all attendees. Below are the stages that will host education sessions.
Hydrogen + Fuel Cells
Pre- and Post-Conference Education
Workshops (Tickets sold separately)
Access in-depth, targeted training to build your skills and knowledge base. Most workshops also offer continuing education credits.