Thank you for your interest in volunteering at SPI, ESI, and Smart Energy Week, September 20-23, 2021 in New Orleans, LA. The application process for 2021 Volunteers is now open!
The deadline for applications is June 4th.
2021 Volunteer Deadlines
Sign up today to avoid missing out on this exciting opportunity! The deadline for applications and other important dates are listed below.
- March 31: Volunteer application opens
- April 19: Round One of volunteer interviews begins
- June 4: Deadline for applications
- June 7: Round Two of volunteer interviews begins
- June 18: All volunteers notified of decision
- September 8: Volunteer webinar
- September 20-23: Onsite in New Orleans for conference
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with industry professionals
- Work with like-minded, dedicated students to develop career-long relationships
- Gain leadership visibility
- Receive a complimentary Full Conference registration, which includes access to the exhibit hall, educational sessions, general sessions, and networking events
Who can volunteer?
Volunteer positions are open to current students (all degree levels) and recent graduates that are not employed.
Note that we only accept a maximum of 10 volunteers per college or university.
Don't just take our word for it! See what our previous volunteers had to say.
"Volunteering at Solar Power International was the experience of a lifetime! It is one of those places where you find more employers than job seekers. Apart from obtaining knowledge about the latest developments in the solar industry, I greatly expanded my professional network, making my search for an internship easier."
"I learned a lot about the solar industry, met new people, and made many connections with industry professionals in my field."
"The experience was fascinating and exhilarating. The opportunity to volunteer offered me the opportunity to meet vendors at their specific booths and collect information about their services. Moreover, the speakers at each lecture were very friendly and were willing to spend time to discuss any questions that we had."
The application process for 2021 volunteers is now open. If you are interested in volunteering, we are currently accepting applicants here.
Our Safely Connecting Initiative
Under the guidance of global, federal, and local health professionals, our team has worked diligently to assess each layer of this year’s event to ensure that we provide a safe environment for learning and networking. Our Safely Connecting Initiative includes several measures in a multi-tier approach that will ensure we deliver a safe experience. View our full guidelines here.