The Start-Up Alley application is open until May 8. See below for benefits, eligibility requirements, and an overview of the application process.
Start-Up Alley offers a competitive forum for early-stage solar companies to increase their visibility in the market. NEW this year, participating companies are invited to attend an exclusive Networking Reception.
Select companies will receive exhibit space in the Start-Up Alley Pavilion and will have the following opportunities:
- Receive valuable feedback and actionable advice from industry leaders through the review process
- Market your company and have a chance to make a lasting impression on the thousands of exhibit hall visitors
- Take advantage of multiple networking opportunities with potential corporate investors and clients
- Secure financing and understand leading investors’ strategies
- Receive public recognition throughout the duration of the conference
- Learn more about your target market
Finalist companies will have the opportunity to pitch their business proposals during the Start-Up Alley Challenge. Additionally, they will be able to refine their strategies and pitches through pre-event mentoring and detailed dialogue and will receive feedback at the event from a panel of industry experts.
The application process has two phases:
- Phase I: The initial application will be reviewed to determine which companies will be selected to exhibit in the Start-Up Alley Pavilion at Solar Power International in Anaheim, CA.
- Phase II – Finalist Application: Selected exhibiting companies will be asked to fill out a supplementary application to provide more detailed information in the following categories: competition and differentiation; technology validation; market validation and analysis; industry attractiveness; business model and finance; and risk narrative. After careful review, finalists will be selected to participate in the Start-Up Alley Challenge business plan pitch competition.