The Start-Up Alley application is open until May 8. See below for benefits, eligibility requirements, and an overview of the application process.
Start-Up Alley offers a competitive forum for early-stage solar companies to increase their visibility in the market. Select companies will receive exhibit space in the Start-Up Alley Pavilion and will have the following opportunities:
- Receive valuable feedback and actionable advice from industry leaders through the review process
- Market your company and have a chance to make a lasting impression on the thousands of exhibit hall visitors
- Take advantage of multiple networking opportunities with potential corporate investors and clients
- Secure financing and understand leading investors’ strategies
- Receive public recognition throughout the duration of the conference
- Learn more about your target market
Finalist companies will have the opportunity to pitch their business proposals during the Start-Up Alley Challenge. Additionally, they will be able to refine their strategies and pitches through pre-event mentoring and detailed dialogue and will receive feedback at the event from a panel of industry experts.
The application process has two phases:
- Phase I: The initial application will be reviewed to determine which companies will be selected to exhibit in the Start-Up Alley Pavilion at Solar Power International in Anaheim, CA.
- Phase II – Finalist Application: Selected exhibiting companies will be asked to fill out a supplementary application to provide more detailed information in the following categories: competition and differentiation; technology validation; market validation and analysis; industry attractiveness; business model and finance; and risk narrative. After careful review, finalists will be selected to participate in the Start-Up Alley Challenge business plan pitch competition.