Start-Up Alley – Pavilion #132
Now accepting applications!
Start-Up Alley, presented by Solar Power International and Clean Energy Trust, is a program dedicated exclusively to promoting up-and-coming companies in the solar industry by offering a competitive forum for early-stage solar companies to increase their visibility in the market. Located on the Expo floor in Pavilion #132, Start-Up Alley will feature cutting-edge technologies, innovative business plans, and the Start-Up Alley Challenge.
Are you a start-up company looking to break into the industry? Start-Up Alley is a perfect opportunity for your business to excel to the next level. Or are you an established company looking to demonstrate your leadership in emerging clean energy technology? Sponsorship opportunities are available for your organization to participate as a recognized partner of Start-Up Alley.
Start-Up Alley Challenge
On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. in the General Session room
Finalists will pitch their business proposals to a panel of highly distinguished venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, corporate investors, and business leaders. Attend the challenge and hear from companies with some of the most cutting-edge technologies in the solar industry!
Contact us, if you are interested in becoming a prize sponsor.
The Start-Up Alley Application is now open! The deadline to apply is Friday, July 25, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
Why should I apply?
Start-Up Alley offers a competitive forum for early-stage solar companies to increase their visibility in the market.
Finalist companies will have the opportunity to pitch their business proposals during the Start-Up Alley Challenge. Additionally, they will be able to refine their strategies and pitches through pre-event mentoring and detailed dialogue and will receive feedback at the event from a panel of industry experts.
Semi-Finalist companies will receive exhibit space in Start-Up Alley and will have the following opportunities:
- Receive valuable feedback and actionable advice from industry leaders through the review process
- Market your company and have a chance to make a lasting impression on the thousands of exhibit hall visitors
- Take advantage of multiple networking opportunities with potential corporate investors and clients
- Secure financing and understand leading investors’ strategies
- Receive public recognition throughout the duration of the conference
- Learn more about your target market
Who can apply?
Companies that are interested in submitting a Start-Up Alley application must meet the following criteria:
- Technology fits in one of the following categories – CSP; next generation transportation (i.e. electric vehicle charging stations and infrastructure); pv; smart grid; energy storage; solar-related clean web; or thermal;
- Employs 10 or fewer individuals;
- Seed-stage funding raised is less than $1 million;
- Has an annual revenue of less than $1 million; and
- Is based in the United States.
Read the Application Submission Guide for full details.
- Listen to a Program Overview from Mike Dershowitz, founding sponsor of Start-Up Alley and president of ModSolar, LLC.
- Watch an interview with Michael Sharber, CEO of GreenLancer.com and last year’s Start-Up Alley Challenge winner, and Jigar Shah, CEO of Jigar Shah Consulting and one of the challenge judges, to learn more about the benefits of participating, the process, and what the judges are looking for in a successful business plan.
- Read a blog post by Mike Dershowitz, founding sponsor of Start-Up Alley and president of ModSolar, LLC, titled Lessons from Start-Up Alley.
- Check out what happened in 2013!