Start-Up Alley – Pavilion #937
Application to open in April 2015
Start-Up Alley, presented by Solar Power International and Clean Energy Trust, is a program dedicated exclusively to promoting up-and-coming companies in the solar industry by offering a competitive forum for early-stage solar companies to increase their visibility in the market. Located on the Exhibit Hall in Pavilion #937, Start-Up Alley features cutting-edge technologies, innovative business plans, and the Start-Up Alley Challenge.
Are you a start-up company looking to break into the solar industry? Start-Up Alley is a perfect opportunity for your business to excel to the next level. Or are you an established company looking to demonstrate your leadership in emerging clean energy technology? Start-Up Alley relies on the support of partner organizations to present the Start-Up Alley Challenge. Contact us to learn more about how your organization can participate as a recognized partner of Start-Up Alley.
Eligibility and Benefits
The Start-Up Alley application will open in April 2015. Join our mailing list to receive a notification when the application is open.
Why should I apply?
Start-Up Alley offers a competitive forum for early-stage solar companies to increase their visibility in the market.
Participating companies will receive complimentary exhibit space in the Start-Up Alley Pavilion and will have the following opportunities:
- Receive valuable feedback and actionable advice from industry leaders through the review process
- Market your company and have a chance to make a lasting impression on the thousands of Exhibit Hall visitors
- Take advantage of multiple networking opportunities with potential corporate investors and clients
- Secure financing and understand leading investors’ strategies
- Receive public recognition throughout the duration of the conference
- Learn more about your target market
Challenge Finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their business proposals during the Start-Up Alley Challenge. Additionally, they will be able to refine their strategies and pitches through pre-event mentoring and will receive feedback at the event from a panel of industry experts.
Who can apply?
Companies that are interested in submitting a Start-Up Alley application must meet the following criteria:
- Technology fits in one of the following categories – CSP; next generation transportation (i.e. electric vehicle charging stations and infrastructure); pv; smart grid; energy storage; solar-related clean web; or thermal;
- employs 10 or fewer individuals;
- seed-stage funding raised is less than $1 million;
- has an annual revenue of less than $1 million; and
- is based in the United States.
The application process has two phases:
- Phase I: This phase of the application process is to ensure a company’s eligibility. View “Who can apply?” above for more information. All companies that make it through this phase will be offered the opportunity to exhibit in the Start-Up Alley Pavilion.
- Phase II (Challenge Finalist Application): Participating companies will have the opportunity to complete the Phase II Application, which determines the finalist companies that will participate in the Start-Up Alley Challenge business plan pitch competition. In this application phase, companies will be asked to provide more detailed information in the following categories: competition and differentiation; technology validation; market validation and analysis; industry attractiveness; business model and finance; and risk narrative.
Check Out the Archives
Start-Up Alley Challenge
Listen to Challenge Finalists pitch their business proposals to a panel of highly distinguished venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, corporate investors, and business leaders. Attend the challenge and hear from companies with some of the most cutting-edge technologies in the solar industry!
Contact us, if you are interested in becoming a prize sponsor.
Thank you to our Start-Up Alley Partners – Clean Energy Trust and ModSolar
Clean Energy Trust (CET) offers business development support to clean energy start-ups. Sector experts provide feedback, expertise, and develop strategies for the best path to commercialization and market growth. The most promising technologies are eligible for financial assistance in the form of grants, loans, and equity. The Clean Energy Trust leverages its strategic relationships to support the broader mission of education and advocacy related to the adoption and advancement of clean energy technology. Learn More >>
ModSolar is changing the solar industry, by creating the software and processes that make the industry more effective and efficient, thus reducing the soft costs of solar, which will help the solar industry achieve scale, ushering our society into a more sustainable energy future. ModSolar accomplishes this through its core product, the ModSolar Platform, a software and process platform that aims to improve the present and future development in the industry by offering hardware and software tools, services, market data insights and effective partner relationships that its customers can use to fuel their own development. Learn More >>