Viva Las Vegas! Solar Power International is heading back to Las Vegas, Nevada, September 10-13, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Las Vegas is an obvious choice for Solar Power International. It is one of the most dynamic cities in the world and is a gateway to the west coast and international solar markets:
- There are currently more than 116 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Nevada, employing 8,800 people.
- In 2015, Nevada installed 417 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it third nationally.
- The 1,240 MW of solar energy currently installed in Nevada ranks the state fifth in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state topower 191,000 homes.
- In 2015, $833 million was invested on solar installations in Nevada. This represents a 46% increase over the previous year, and is expected to grow again this year.
- Installed solar photovoltaic system prices in the U.S. have dropped steadily- by 6% from last year and 48% from 2010.
In addition to the thriving solar market, Las Vegas greets millions of visitors annually with an array of hotels, resorts, bistros, brasseries, bars, and endless entertainment options.