Viva Las Vegas! Solar Power International is heading back to Las Vegas, Nevada, September 10-13, 2017, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Las Vegas is an obvious choice for Solar Power International. It is one of the most dynamic cities in the world and is a gateway to the west coast and international solar markets.
- In 2016, Nevada installed 984 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it fourth nationally.
- There are currently more than 83 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Nevada, employing 8,371 people.
- The 2,191.1 MW of solar energy currently installed in Nevada ranks the state fourth in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 360,000 homes.
- In 2016, $1,270.89 million was invested on solar installations in Nevada.
- Installed solar photovoltaic system prices in the U.S. have dropped steadily - 64% over the last five years in Nevada.