Become a Volunteer
Volunteer at Solar Power International and enjoy the unique and exciting opportunity to play an active role in the Solar Industry’s most powerful and comprehensive education and business-to-business event.
It takes a large and diverse group of volunteers to support Solar Power International and we hope you”ll join in our efforts to promote the solar industry. Volunteering will not only benefit the growth of the solar industry, but also the growth of your career.
Volunteers will work approximately 16 hours between Monday, October 21 – Thursday, October 24, 2013. Below is an outline of the benefits, expectations and opportunity descriptions. When you decide on which opportunity suites you best, submit your online application.
What you can expect:
- Network with industry professionals on the expo floor and in the sessions
- Work with like-minded, dedicated students to develop career-long relationships
- Attend concurrent sessions and events once your daily volunteer responsibilities are fulfilled
- Enhance your career through leadership visibility
- Receive a complimentary main conference registration pass including: access to the expo floor, current sessions, general sessions, opening reception and the Block Party
What we will expect:
- Participate in an orientation webinar on October 15, 2013 at 2 pm Eastern
- Be available to attend a mandatory volunteer orientation meeting on Monday, October 21, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.
- Be available Tuesday, October 22 at 7:30 am to Thursday, October 24 at 4 pm. Volunteers must work approximately five hours each of the three days. Volunteers unable to work all three days will not be selected
- Attend and fully participate in all scheduled volunteer meetings and responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable in the area for which you are volunteering; you don’t need to be an expert, but a general understanding of the duties you will be expected
- Be familiar with the Solar Industry
- Be open and willing to learn from your fellow volunteers and conference staff
- Participate in the volunteer experience with energy and commitment
- Be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and lift up to 20 lbs
- Communicate comfortably in English
SPI does not reimburse volunteers for travel, lodging and other expenses associated with volunteering at SPI. Please keep this in consideration before applying. A credit card will be required to confirm your commitment as a volunteer.