Volunteer – APPLICATION CLOSED
Volunteers at Solar Power International (SPI) will enjoy the unique and exciting opportunity to play an active role in the Solar Industry’s most powerful and comprehensive education and business-to-business event. It takes a diverse group of volunteers to support our goals, and we hope you can join us.
Who can volunteer?
Volunteer positions are open to current students or recent graduates; this includes all degree levels. Note: We will only accept up to 10 volunteers per college or university.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Network with industry professionals
- Work with like-minded, dedicated students to develop career-long relationships
- Gain leadership visibility
- Receive a complimentary Full Conference Registration, which includes access to the Exhibit Hall; educational sessions; general sessions; Block Party; and networking events
Volunteering at Solar Power International was the experience of a lifetime! It is one of those places where you find more employers than job seekers. Apart from obtaining knowledge about the latest developments in the solar industry, I greatly expanded my professional network, making my search for an internship easier.
Upon submission of your application, SPI staff will review applications and interview candidates on an ongoing basis until Friday, October 3, or until all positions are filled, whichever comes first. Unfortunately, there are limited positions and high demand, so if you are not contacted by this date, your application was not accepted for this year.
Volunteers will be scheduled to work approximately 16 hours between Monday, October 20 at 1:30 p.m. and Thursday, October 23 at 12:00 p.m. Applicants, who are not available for all four days, will not be considered. *Times listed are tentative, and you will receive more detailed information if you are selected.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with communicating in English
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Familiar with the Solar Industry
- Capable of sitting and standing for long periods and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Act as a professional representative of show management and dress in Business Casual attire – no jeans
In appreciation of your volunteer commitment, you will receive complimentary Full Conference Registration; however, SPI does not reimburse volunteers for travel, lodging, meals, or other expenses associated with volunteering at the conference. Please keep this in mind when contemplating your volunteer commitment.
Don’t just take our word for it! See what our previous volunteers had to say:
I learned a lot about the solar industry, met new people, and made many connections with industry professionals in my field.
The experience was fascinating and exhilarating. The opportunity to volunteer offered me the opportunity to meet vendors at their specific booths and collect information about their services. Moreover, the speakers at each lecture were very friendly and were willing to spend time to discuss any questions that we had.
[Volunteering] is a very educational and practical opportunity. You can learn about things that you would never learn about in school and meet people who you would otherwise never get exposure to.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at email@example.com.